I forgot how much updating resumes and cover letters bite. My procrastination is evident via me writing this very unnecessary post.
A coworker coincidentally mentioned that she could picture me in the ____masters program of my dreams___ at ___ dream university__ without ever knowing my goals. I've never mentioned the specifics of my dreams with anyone. No one. But if another person can believe in me as well as envision me to reach great heights, why shouldn't I? More importantly, why shouldn't I try?
So I've decided to throw my work experience and qualifications up to the four winds again, after spending some time coasting with two jobs. Luckily, my current attitude towards job hunting is a lot more pleasant than it was a year. It's more peaceful and definitely more prayerful. It's difficult, but I want to learn to trust in a plan that is deeper than my ambitions and castle building.
To be honest, I've actually been really content with the gig I have right now. I feel like I'm learning a lot of valuable things in my internship. And as for the coffee shop, I could rave incessantly about how positively that job has impacted me. I could preach it to the congregation and not be embarrassed about it at all. But I also do look forward to what the next chapter could be. I'm still young. And I'm at the point where I'm allowing the space between where I am and where I want to be to excite me and not petrify me.
No comments:
Post a Comment