Sunday, July 7, 2013

Table #17

June 5th: Kuya Roel and Jessica's wedding! 

Aside from the cacophony of crying children (�), the ceremony was very sweet. I was on the verge of tears numerous times. A groom walking in with his mother, a bride marching down with her father, and that instance where the groom sets eyes on his future wife will get me every single time. It could be a stranger's wedding, a scripted movie wedding, it really doesn't make a difference to me. Those moments thicken the air with love and are so, so moving. I can't wait to share more of those moments with my friends and cousins when they decide to get married in the future. 

As for the reception, it was a lot of fun primarily because of who I got to sit with. Paulo and I were assigned to sit with the pastor, his wife, and two other young married-with-kids couples. This was our first wedding together as a couple, and I guess it was decided that we would identify best with the young married couples. They are about 5 years older than me, so naturally I admire and look up to all three of those couples. Each relationship gives me encouragement to carry on with mine.

Kuya Ryan/Ate Cathy, Tim/Julia, and Kuya Bong/Ate Sara show me the grace in doing long distance, the unselfishness in supporting your spouse's career path, and the reality of experiencing honeymoon stages even after years and years of being together-- respectively. 


That unsaid pressure of Paulo and I being a "real deal" couple both intrigues and terrifies me. But if it means we have the potential to be in league with those heavyweights, then shoot, I'll rise to challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment